Wednesday, August 24, 2016

END-TO-END-TO-END, Year 1
22.2 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path & Route 5S
Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Another day, another section of the Canalway Trail - though this stretch was mostly on-road, along route 5S, which features a number of gradual but long hills. I've only ridden it once before, 2 years ago... traffic isn't pleasant (fast and a lot of large trucks) but the shoulder is wide enough to drive my car along it, which is a big plus. And I always enjoy the bike paths along the old canal in Rotterdam Junction.

Still, looking ahead to the road sections between Newark and Port Byron, Camillus and Dewitt, and Utica and Little Falls... it would definitely be worth trying to find a way to do those as one-way rides. I suspect that will be a project for next summer, though I am hoping to do a few more segments of off-road trail this fall... with luck I'll manage to complete over half of the entire trail by the end of this year.

JMH