Tuesday, January 10, 2017

16 Mile Ride on the Albany County Rail Trail
Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The fat bike was definitely moving more easily tonight... but I can't really be sure if that was due to the work I did on the wheel hubs or the fact that there was no snow on the trail.

The bike handled well on the ice... only had one spot where it started to fishtail a bit.

After riding the unpaved stretch out to Voorheesville and back I rode all the way to the bridge over the Normanskill, despite the climbing that meant I'd need to do on the way back. Fortunately the wind that was blasting me in the face on the way out was at my back on the way back.

Still more work to be done... the new freewheel shifting is glitchy, not sure if that's something I can adjust or if it's a mismatch between the freewheel and the deraileur and shifter. I also want to see if I can tighten the brakes with having them rub... right now they slow me down but it's mainly the weight of the bike that stops it once it slows. And I may swap my MTB pedals and toe clips for a pair of platforms.

JMH