Wednesday, January 11, 2017

SHAKING OUT THE RUST...
5.8 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush
Wednesday, January 11, 2017

It felt really good to be out in the Pine Bush tonight, despite having to make my way around icy patches and puddles of cold water (my own fault for not bringing my screwshoes and a change of socks and shoes.) I ran the loop around Karner Barrens east and west, mostly under cloudy skies but for the last 20 minutes or so it cleared up enough that I had a gorgeous nearly full moon shining down - I was even able to shut off my headlamp for the last quarter miles or so.

Startled a few bunnies early on and then a group of deer later (all I saw of them were their eyes, reflecting the light from my headlamp.)

Best of all, my foot showed no sign of ever having bothered me... now I just have to try to keep my knees functional...

JMH