Saturday, February 25, 2017

7.8 Mile Run on the Albany County Rail Trail
Saturday, February 25, 2017

My plan was to do 5 or 6 miles just to shake the rust out before tomorrow's race in CT... but then I was nearing my turnaround point my guts started grumbling, and there's a Portojohn at the Voorheesville trailhead for the rail trail... except of course that meant running almost 2 miles more than I'd planned.

On the plus side it was a gorgeous afternoon for a run, and the storm held off until after I'd gotten home. My legs didn't start grumbling until the last mile or so... not bad, considering I'd ridden almost 25 miles between last night and this morning.

On my way back from Voorheesville I spotted a turkey vulture soaring near the bridge over Rt 155... when I stopped a saw that there was a dozen or so more in one of the trees overhanging the road, and then I spotted another dozen or so perched on a fence across the road. I couldn't get a good look at them - too many trees and branches in the way - but it is good to see them back, just like last night it was good to hear the redwinged blackbirds calling again. Spring is on the way...

JMH