Saturday, February 25, 2017

MID-60'S & WINDY
10.2 Mile Ride Through the Corning Preserve
Saturday, February 25, 2017


I knew I wanted to get in both a ride and a run today, and since there were storms in the forecast for the late afternoon (and I can run more comfortably in the rain than I can ride) I took the bike out for what was supposed to be an easy ride this morning.

What I hadn't counted on was the strong north winds, which made riding out to Watervliet lots of fun - and riding back to the Albany waterfront a real chore. I may have to do a shorter run this afternoon after beating up my legs this morning.

It's funny to think that last Saturday I had to turn around a little over 2 miles along the path because it was covered with 6-8" of wet snow. No sign of that today.

Lots of people out again, walking and running, and a few on bikes.

JMH