Friday, February 24, 2017

73 DEGREES IN FEBRUARY?!!!!
14.6 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Friday, February 24, 2017

It's been a great source of frustration for me this week (and last) that we've had some fairly warm weather and I've been either too busy or too exhausted to do more than go for a walk in the evening... so as soon as work wrapped up today I hustled home, put the bike on the car, and headed over to Lock 8 to ride the bike path between Schenectady and Rotterdam Junction.

I could definitely tell that I haven't ridden much this month... and at times it was almost too warm, there's been no time to acclimate to the weather. Not that I'm complaining, especially when it's suppose to drop by 20-30 degrees later this weekend.

Lots of people on the path... no surprise there, they were enjoying the same late-spring-in-late February weather that I was.

One spot was a bit tricky because the ice hasn't melted yet but otherwise the path was totally clear - it's hard to believe we had 18-24" of snow on the ground two weeks ago.

JMH