Friday, March 24, 2017

SNOW-FREE TRAILS & AMOROUS WOODCOCKS
4.6 Mile Run at Bluff Point State Park
Friday, March 24, 2017

Bluff Point is one of those places where I just enjoy running... that's one of the reasons I try to get down there for the annual Twilight Trail Race whenever I can. And while going for a run tonight might not have been the brightest plan (tough ride yesterday and two races over the next two days...) - how could I resist, when I'd be staying at my usual motel a mere 15 min away?

Slow going overall, with me walking just about anything resembling an uphill... but regardless it was wonderful to once again be on trails that aren't covered with snow! It was grey and chilly so not too many other people around, and by the time I was wrapping up the sun had set, so I was treated to the courtship sounds of at least half a dozen woodcocks over the last half to 3/4 of a mile. Presumably we'll start hearing them in our neck of the woods soon.




JMH