Wednesday, April 26, 2017

11.5 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Wednesday, April 26, 2017


I'd planned to run but the weather was good enough (and the forecast for tomorrow iffy enough) that I decided to take the bike out instead. My legs let me know they weren't thrilled right from the start, and it seemed like a bit of a chore to head west, possibly because of the headwind, possibly because of tired legs, and possibly because I had something in my wheel hubs tightened too much. I tried loosening the latter very slightly about halfway along, but by then the legs were grumbling enough that it's tough to tell if it did any good. I ended up stopping when I got back to the trailhead, even though I'd been planning to head east for a few miles more... Saturday's bike course is long (by early spring standards) and hilly, and I wanted to have some hope that my legs might recover before then.

... not that it's much hope. I'm definitely starting to wonder if I should be planning to skip the paddle triathlon, as frustrating as that will be. But it would be even more frustrating to start it and not make the time cutoff for the ride, or finish it and end up unable to bike or run next week because of my legs being beyond trashed. Guess it's wait and see what they feel like tomorrow.



JMH