Thursday, April 27, 2017

CONCRETE TURTLE
4.3 Mile Run on the Albany County Rail Trail
Thursday, April 27, 2017

As in, it feels like someone filled my legs with concrete and then said "Have fun, mate!" I was pretty sure I knew how the run would go based on walking around during the day but this afternoon confirmed it - my get up and go has gotten up and went. Even once I turned around and had a gentle downhill grade to take me back to the car, my legs showed no sign of loosening up or being capable of anything resembling a faster speed.

Shame, too, because it was a warm, sunny afternoon - nice weather for being out on my feet, especially with the trees and bushes starting to green up.

This pretty much decides it - no paddle tri for me on Saturday, unless I wake up tomorrow morning to a miraculous recovery.



JMH