Saturday, May 20, 2017

13.9 Mile Ride Through the Corning Preserve & Schuyler Flatts Park
Saturday, May 20, 2017


I'd been thinking about going someplace a bit further away - possibly Pittsfield or Fort Hunter - but in the end just didn't feel like doing all the driving, so instead I went for the closest option.

Spotted two more pairs of geese with goslings, having a bit of a spat - apparently the youngsters were all kind of mobbing together, which pissed the parents off to no end. At one point I watch an adult snap at a couple of goslings that presumably belonged to the other pair.

Turns out it was just as well I rode here today, since just before the parking lot in Watervliet I passed a guy on the side replacing a tube who it turned out needed a pump, and while mine didn't work great for his setup, it at least got him rolling again.



JMH