Friday, June 02, 2017

1.5 Mile Walk at Buckingham Pond
Friday, June 2, 2017

Originally I was supposed to be out in western NY this evening, getting ready for the Webster Trail Classic tomorrow morning and then the Roc Du Sunday morning... except Monday night into Tuesday I came down with a fairly nasty cold/flu type bug that's been doing it's best to kick my backside all week and into the weekend. So it was actually a pleasant surprise that I felt like driving over to the pond for a walk.

Good thing, too, since right after I parked the car a young guy on a bike came over and asked if I had a bicycle pump (he saw the bike rack and decided it was worth asking.) Got his tires solidly pumped up and he was on his way.

The geese still have all 8 goslings, surprisingly enough (last year's pair started with seven or eight and ended up with either 3 or 4 making it to maturity.) There's also a small group of geese hanging around that aren't nesting - I have to wonder if it's the youngsters from previous seasons. Not many ducks in sight at the moment, but that may be because it's nesting season for the females. The fish seemed pretty active, and it was generally speaking a very pleasant evening to walk around the pond a couple of times.

JMH