Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Slow Going 2017 - Race #21
AdiRUNdack 5k Trail Race #5
Tuesday, May 30, 2017

I wasn't going to go to tonight's finale for the AdiRUNdack series, until I found out that not only was a T-shirt waiting for me (for signing up for all 5 races) but the RD had even ordered one in the size I asked for. And when I thought about it, I realized that going to Glens Falls fit well with my very early morning appointment at Saratoga Honda tomorrow - I used some of the oodles of points I have accumulated to get a very nice hotel room and ended up with a much shorter drive back tonight and a wonderfully brief drive to pay lots of money for routine maintenance on the car tomorrow.

Tonight's run was in some ways the opposite of the first one - the rain held off until we started running. Fortunately being in the woods helped deflect some of the raindrops, which were coming down very steadily for a while but let up before I finished. Legs felt decent, other than some grumbling from my hip, and I managed to run my fastest time of the 4 races I did. I also had to once again snarl at some runners to get the hell out of the way as I was coming up on the finish - why are people so freaking clueless that once they're done they stand around in the way of slower runners who haven't finished yet?

I didn't stick around for the awards (not a chance) or the raffle (maybe a chance, but in all likelihood the prizes were all things I'd have to go to Glens Falls to claim... better for a local to get them.) While I'm glad I finally did this, I doubt I'll sign up in the future - the 2 hour round trip is just too much for a 5k, regardless of my good intentions to run either before or afterwards to add more distance. I would like to do a longer run in Coles Woods/Crandall Park, though, as well as a ride on the Feeder Canal Trail and the Warren County Bikeway.




JMH

2017 Event Totals
Run 184.23 mi, 49 hr 20 min
Bike 20.5 mi, 1 hr 41 min

Snowshoe 30.0 mi, 10 hr 16 min
Kayak 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min

states visited: CT, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT