Friday, March 31, 2006

Froggy Went A'Courting... mm hmm... mm hmm...
3 hour run in the Albany Pine Bush
Friday, March 31, 2006

Well, after two days of trying to get off my backside and do my long run for the week... finally pulled it off.

Gorgeous day today. Temperature was in the high 60's and may have even hit 70. I was a little worried I didn't pack enough fluids, but I had just the right amount (ie. I was almost out when I finished.)

The critters were definitely enjoying the warm weather. Saw 4 snakes - either garter or ribbon snakes - sunning themselves. The ponds were FULL of frogs... one of the larger ones must have had several hundred frogs in it. Saw some females with egg masses, so guess it's breeding time. Boy, several hundred frogs sure do make a racket when they're all talking at once.

As far as the run goes, I have only one thing to say:

Three hours HURTS.

Hopefully in a few more weeks that won't be the case.

JMH

coming up: the Northern Nipmuck 16 mile trail race in two weeks! With luck that will give me some clue as to what I'll be facing at the Nipmuck Trail Marathon at the end of May...