Wednesday, May 31, 2006

THE WEEK AFTER NIPMUCK

16 mile bike ride
Monday, May 29, 2006

4-5 mile run
Wednesday, May 31, 2006

So what does one do after running/hiking 19.5 miles across a technical hiking trail in northeastern Connecticut?

My legs were tired Monday but not totally shot, so I took my bike over to the Mohawk-Hudson Bike/Hikeway west of Schenectady and rode the path from Schenectady County Community College out to the railroad crossing at Scrafford Lane and back. A good evening for a ride - it was fairly humid and very hot, so the breeze from riding felt good, and that path is fairly flat, so it was a nice way to get my legs working again.

Wednesday night I headed over to the Pine Bush for a short run. I could definitely feel the aftereffects of Nipmuck in my legs, but it was still nice to be running again. Half an hour into the run a thunderstorm rolled in, and then it turned into a cool run. (Actually, quite literally - the rain felt great after running for 30 minutes in the muggy weather we've been having!) Just the thing I needed as a pick-me-up in the week following Nipmuck.

JMH