Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A GOOD DAY
18 Mile Run Along the Genesee Valley Greenway Trail
Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Genesee Valley Greenway Trail info

Sunny, but not too hot and humid - a good day for a long run on the basically flat Greenway trail. I started at Route 20 and ran south for 9 miles, then turned around and ran back. Saw a few walkers and one couple on a motorcycle. The trail is in good shape - in particular, the area just past York Landing which used to be covered in fairly large stones (difficult to ride on AND run on) is now stone dust like much of the rest of the trail.

Back in April it took me just under 5 hours to run 18 miles, mainly along the Erie Canal path (most of it paved.) This took me 4 hours and felt considerably less difficult. So I guess all the running I've been doing has done some good, and maybe I have a chance of running the Adirondack Marathon in under 6 hours...

JMH