Friday, August 18, 2006

INJURIES SUCK
Friday, August 18, 2006

Today was supposed to be a short (90-120 min) easy run, and class tonight. Instead I'm becoming very well acquainted with my couch, the pitiful selection of broadcast TV programs, and videos of old Eco-Challenges.

Hobbling around a little bit better today, so either my hips and shoulder areas are doing a bit better or I'm just used to the pain and ignoring it. The ribs still hurt like crazy.

Looked over the bike... the seat will need to be replaced (it's destroyed... wondering if the ground or my legs did that?) and the rear derailleur may be damaged - can't tell without putting the thrown chain back on, and I don't have the energy for that yet. When I was lining the handlebars back up with the front wheel, I noticed the headset was loose, and I seem to recall some play when I was riding up hills yesterday, so maybe that was the source of the accident. Did some research on-line on how to properly adjust it, and did so. Maybe I'll order a new seat later...

Could be worse, but could be better, too.

JMH