Saturday, September 09, 2006

Challenging Times
Saturday, September 9, 2006

After my painful shuffling on Monday I decided to continue to refrain from running in hopes that my groin pulls/tears would heal a little faster. The ribs still hurt but are definitely on the mend.

Today I hopped (OK... carefully climbed) up on the bike and pedalled on the resistance trainer for a little while. Not as long as I would have liked, because my laptop kept shutting itself down due to overheating, which left me without a DVD to watch. Unfortunately, I lack the self-discipline to sit on the trainer without distractions and just pedal away... besides that it went OK, so I may try taking a bike out on one of the bike paths sometime in the next week.

It's been very difficult, not being able to run or bike during the nice weather this week. Especially in light of the fact that my groin injury seems to be healing very slowly, which raises questions about what (if anything) I'll be able to do this fall. Add in the upcoming Adirondack Marathon next weekend and... well, let's just say this is a rough patch, mentally.

Guess I just need to keep reminding myself that it could have been much, much worse.

JMH