Monday, October 16, 2006

8 Mile Run Along the Mohawk-Hudson Bikeway
Sunday, October 15, 2006

A grey, chilly day, but I wanted to run near water so I headed over to Lock 8 west of Schenectady to run on the bike trail. One plus to the weather - almost no one else was on the trail! Initially I saw two folks walking, but the rest of the time I mostly had the path to myself. Toward the end of my run there were a few other folks out walking, but that was it.

I had originally hoped to run from Lock 8 all the way to the railroad crossing at Scrafford Lane (about 9.5 miles total) but by the time I reached the drainage bridge next to the old Erie Canal in Rotterdam Junction, it was clear that the last 1.5 miles were going to be beyond me (my hip was starting to ache a bit.) So I headed back from that point instead. Can't say that I'm all that disappointed - 8 miles is still the furthest I've been able to run since The Crash, and I maintained a fairly steady pace for the whole run. And for where I'm at right now, running 8 miles in 1 hr 45 min is definitely OK.

Still, it would be nice to run in some actual sunshine soon...

JMH