Sunday, December 17, 2006

MOTIVATION LACKING...
Sunday, December 17, 2006

My original plan was to take the ATB out for a spin on one of the bike paths and get in some training time for the riding portion of the Lake Effect Snowshoe Duathlon at the end of January. But when the time came to gear up and head out, I just couldn't find any enthusiasm. Maybe it was the grey, grey day. Maybe it was just that I've been tired much of the time lately. All I know is instead of riding, I crawled into bed with a book and eventually ended up taking a nap.

Hopefully this slump is just a sign that I need to get more rest. (I certainly did enough resting this weekend!) Tomorrow I'm going to do my best to bike to work, and then I'm planning to do either a short run (6 miles or so) or a ride (10-20 miles) sometime in the evening.

JMH