Sunday, December 24, 2006

PRE-HOLIDAY RUN
5-6 Miles at Five Rivers
Sunday, December 24, 2006

Today was an excellent example of the challenge in dressing for a run in the winter... the day was generally sunny and unseasonably warm, but also VERY windy. So when I was out of the wind - I would have been quite comfortable in a vest and long-sleeved shirt. But out in the wind - I was chilly even with my fleece pullover. So it goes...

Had a nice run along the perimeter of Five Rivers and down around the Beaver Pond. Not too many people out, which was nice. Many of the trails were extremely wet and muddy, and I quickly gave up on trying to stay dry.

All in all, a nice run on the day before Christmas... much like my nice run on the day before Thanksgiving (but I'm glad I didn't go up to Thacher for this one - I'd have frozen my butt off!_

JMH