Wednesday, January 17, 2007

COLD BUT GOOD!
7 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush
Wednesday, January 18, 2007


Winter is definitely here, albeit without snow. The temperature during my run this evening was somewhere around the mid-teens... much colder than any other time I've run this winter. In fact, it was cold enough that by the end of my run one of my Gatorade bottles had slush in it!

But for some reason, tonight was a good run. Things just clicked - I had just the right amount of clothing on, so I was fairly comfortable. The trails were fairly clear - the only tricky spots were on the iced-over bridges and going through the new desert, where the footing was too uneven for me to run much. I planned to do just about 6 miles and actually added an extra mile, because the run just plain felt good. (I almost talked myself into adding an extra 1.5 miles beyond that, but decided I need to get home to get work done.)

Who knows, my next run may be hell... but tonight's was good. And that's enough for me, right now.

JMH