Tuesday, January 02, 2007

FIRST RUN OF THE NEW YEAR
6-7 Miles in the Albany Pine Bush
Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Another sunny and unseasonably warm day - and the next-to-last day of my holiday break from teaching. In other words, a good day for a run!

I decided to head over to the Pine Bush and check out the footing in the "habitat restoration" area. When I reached the edge of the work zone on the yellow trail, it became clear they aren't done with all the work - there was a bulldozer running off in the distance. So I worked my way along the edge of the area to the blue trail, and ran the trails to the other side of the work zone. From there I had a glorious view of the sun setting over the Helderberg Escarpment. After enjoying the view I headed back to the car, and was treated to the second beautiful view of the evening - the moon rising over the Pine Bush. I wish I'd had a camera with me to get pictures.

Not a bad run to start off 2007 - I made decent time and didn't feel wiped out afterwards. Time to start building up for the spring distance runs!

JMH