Friday, January 05, 2007

SHORTS AND SHIRTSLEEVES IN JANUARY?
5-6 Mile Run in the Pine Bush
Friday, January 5, 2007

Another unseasonably warm day, but I needed to help with karate classes, so my run had to wait until later. Shame it started raining by then... but it wasn't raining all that much, and it was warm enough that halfway through my run I took off my rainjacket and ran with just my shirt. (Not to mention shorts - no tights!)

Covered much of the Columbia Circle section of the Pine Bush in a little under 90 minutes... fairly slow paced, but it was dark and raining. Headlamp and the new rechargeable batteries worked great.

Ended up with the same pain I've been getting along the outside of my right leg... I'm beginning to suspect ILTB Syndrome, possibly brought on in part due to muscle damage from The Crash and possibly in part due to changes in my running mechanics due to leftover problems from The Crash. I'm going to try some specific stretches and see if that helps. Conveniently, more regular stretching is one of my goals for the new year!

Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 60's... so much for snow and snowshoe races. I will probably go run the Bummer No Blizzard 3.5 Mile Trail Run Sunday morning, if for no other reason than to support the ARE's efforts. I'm not holding out a lot of hope for Savoy and Woodford next weekend, but who knows... maybe Nature will surprise us in a wintry way in the next week.

JMH