Wednesday, February 14, 2007

SNOW AND MORE SNOW
Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dang, those snow dances I did worked too well. We had about 6-8 inches when I shovelled the sidewalk at 9 AM, and five hours later we're coming up on 18 inches. And it's still coming down strong.

I miss the country. Never had to figure out where I was going to park my car during a snow emergency back when I lived in the country. And the roads were rarely as scary as they are here right now. I spent close to an hour getting my car out of the spot it was in, finding a spot where it won't be towed at 8 PM when the 48 hour snow emergency goes into effect, and then getting it into that spot... and then walking the half mile or so back to my place. Unburying the car tomorrow is not going to be fun. I may leave it at work tomorrow night just to avoid having to find a place to park.

No playing in the snow today. It's not all that safe to travel to any of the spots where I'd ski or snowshoe, and I'm not sure I'd have anywhere to park once I got there. Also it's very cold with a wicked windchill. Maybe Friday afternoon I can go out on my skiis. Of course there are the upcoming snowshoe races this weekend - Camp Saratoga on Saturday and a race somewhere in Massachusetts on Sunday (Moody Spring is on the schedule but who knows - maybe they'll do one of the postponed races at Savoy, Greylock, or Northfield instead. Or maybe next weekend will be packed with snowshoeing goodness... I suspect we'll be seeing an update either tonight or tomorrow!)

JMH