Sunday, February 11, 2007

XC SKIING AT BLACK CREEK PARK
Sunday, February 11, 2007

map of Black Creek Park (300 kb PDF)

A nice sunny day, albeit a bit windy and a bit cold, so Ann and I packed up the skiis and headed over to Black Creek. Not surprisingly, the trails were moderately busy, and not in the greatest shape for skiing - between all the walkers and skiiers the snow was packed pretty solidly, and I tend to like having loose powder to ski through. So it goes... we headed up the hill and looped around on the wetland trail and then back on the ridge trail. Some stretches where I pushed fairly hard (and then took a break while Ann caught up - she tended more for the slow and steady approach.) Definitely felt both the lack of skiing over the past two years and my continuing to recover from the bug I'd been fighting off. Still, it was nice to get out on my skiis and good to be out in the snowy woods and fields. Hopefully we'll get some decent snow down in Albany before winter's done and I can get in another round of skiing or two.

JMH