Friday, April 06, 2007

Bike Repairs
Friday, April 6, 2007

Finally made it down to the bike shop to pick up the parts I needed for my mountain bike and my newer road bike. (Snapped two spokes late last fall on the road bike, and discovered that one of the bearing races in the bottom bracket of my ATB was trashed when I took it apart a couple of weeks ago.) $10 later I was back home with spokes and bearings in hand, and an hour or so later both bikes are back in working order (at least, I hope they are... haven't had time to test ride either one yet.)

Also picked up the car I'm using to get to the Northern Nipmuck 16 mile trail race tomorrow morning. I have to admit, I'm more than a bit apprehensive about it - last year the Northern Nipmuck course kicked my butt big-time, and not only haven't I been doing much running since the Eastern States 20 Mile two weekends ago, I've also done very little trail running since January. So I'm anticipated a long, slow, painful run tomorrow. My main hope is that I can at least finish in less time than last year...

JMH