Saturday, June 16, 2007

12 Mile Ride in the Corning Preserve & Schulyer Flatts
Saturday, June 16, 2007

A bit warmer today, and with Greylock looming over me tomorrow I didn't want to do anything too strenuous... but I just couldn't stay indoors. So I headed down to the river and had a relatively easy ride through the Corning Preserve and Schuyler Flatts. Surprisingly, there were not too many people out... though the waterfront park nearby was jammed with folks picnicing, and it looked like they were setting up for a concert in the ampitheater at the Hudson Riverway Bridge.

Passed a fellow in a wheelchair at one point, and that got me thinking... my hip may ache, my knees may twinge and occasionally pop out, and my calf may be sore... but I was able to spend an hour on a pleasant June evening riding my bike... and tomorrow I get to run through the woods and maybe ride my bike along a bike path in western Massachusetts. I've got it awfully darn good.

JMH