Sunday, June 10, 2007

A VERY SHORT RIDE
Sunday, June 10, 2007

Headed over to the bike path along the Genesee River for what I thought would be a pleasant ride on a Sunday evening... and 1/4 of a mile down the path snapped a spoke. So it was back to the car with a lot of grumbling.

Spent a chunk of the evening changing the oil on the Civic instead... while I definitely appreciate the gas mileage and reliability of the new car, this is another area where I miss my old Subaru. I could do an oil change in under half an hour... didn't need to raise the car, and everything was easily accessible. The Civic is too low for me to get under it without jacking the car up, and the oil filter is mounted on the back of the engine, necessitating some interesting contortions to remove it and install the new one. No doubt I'll get more efficient as I get used to it, and hopefully I will be able to do future oil changes without making the huge mess I made this time.

JMH