Sunday, October 14, 2007

10.8 Mile Ride at the Corning Preserve & Schuyler Flatts
Sunday, October 14, 2007

After running a few errands, I came back home and brought in all my gear from the duathlon. Even though I have a ton of work to do, it was just too nice an afternoon to spend indoors, so I loaded my other road bike on the car and headed down to the Corning Preserve for a slow, easy recovery ride.



I was plenty warm in the sunshine, but in the shade... brrr! The ever-present wind definitely didn't help, though at least it wasn't the constant headwind that I encountered on the duathlon bike course.





On the way back to the car (after taking a turn through Schuyer Flatts Cultural Park) I stopped to watch three deer off in one of the grassy areas... they didn't seem to mind the attention too much (there was a pair of walkers stopped to watch them too) but when another rider came by they jumped into the bushes pretty quickly.



I definitely felt my sore hip during this afternoon's ride, and my legs were a bit tired... but otherwise I didn't notice any major after-effects from this morning's race. Perhaps the past months of training have done some good after all!



JMH