Sunday, February 24, 2008

HARD-TRAVELLIN' TURTLE
1 WEEKEND, 4 STATES, 3 RACES
PART 5:
Madbury, NH to West Springfield, MA
(153 Miles)
Saturday, February 23, 2008

OK, I will readily admit that this was the point where I decided the NH leg of this trip was downright stupid. I was tired and hungry, and seemed to be feeling the signs of a cold coming on. And this drive seemed to take forever. That's what I get for hearing the call of a potential adventure and letting Stupid Turtle do the thinking (or lack thereof) for me.

Along the way I stopped at what had to be the slowest Wendy's on the planet and dodged some incredibly bad drivers. But finally, 10:30 or so found me safely checked in at the West Springfield Red Roof Inn... the room was toasty warm (I was more than a bit worried that it would be cold and I'd spend half the night shivering while it warmed up) and after flipping through the channels on the TV and watching a few minutes of several programs, I read for a bit and then fell asleep.

No doubt my wake up call at 6:30 would come all too soon...

JMH