Tuesday, March 11, 2008

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008

OK, after the sober moralizing of my last post, I felt a strong need to add something with a bit lighter tone. Or maybe two somethings...

Pittsfield Snowshoe Race Results Arrive!

Today RD Andy sent us the results from the Pittsfield Snowshoe Races this past Saturday. I scanned down through the results, eager to finally learn my actual finishing time (I remembered the stop my watch once I got back to my gear back and started changing clothes) - and discovered that in the official results I ran the Half Marathon in 3 hr 26 min! Which is pretty darn impressive considering I ran the first 6.55 mile loop in just under 2 hr 45 minutes... I must have caught one heck of a tailwind on that second loop! (Actually, by 3 hr 26 minutes I'm pretty sure I was back at my car and heading down the road to Rutland...) After a few moments of marvelling at a distance and time I didn't realize I'd run, I e-mailed Andy and fairly quickly heard back from him that he'd get it taken care of. (That's got to be something RD's don't hear very often - hey my results are wrong, you gave me credit for doing much better than I actually did!)


Lost and Found!

This evening I ended up clearing out the passenger footwell in my car (for a few minutes it looked like I'd be giving someone from work a ride home) and as I was doing so I found a black Campmor Windblocker glove buried under all the junk that had ended up there during my last few road trips. The mate to that glove has been sitting on my workdesk for several weeks - I was convinced I'd lost one of them, and very bummed that Campmor apparently doesn't sell them anymore, because they're darn good gloves for cold weather riding. So I'm very pleased to have a matching set again!


So there you have it, folks - some definite foolishness to follow the seriousness of my last post!

JMH