Tuesday, April 15, 2008

12.1 Mile Ride at the Corning Preserve & Schulyer Flatts
Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Given that my legs felt pretty tired during last night's run, I had originally planned to use tonight as a rest day and get some errands done. But the weather was just too nice to resist, so I took my bike down to the Corning Preserve and spent a while riding the bike path and the walkways around Schuyler Flatts Cultural Park.

The water was certainly a lot lower than it was a week ago, when it was practically up on the shore! Spotted the deer on the way out, and a few geese and ducks. On the way back I stopped to take a picture of the moon through the treetops, and watched what I think was a cormorant fly overhead. I was almost back to the parking area when I passed a heron down in the inlet... that was pretty cool. After loading the bike back on the car, I walked over to take some pictures of the river and the swing bridge, and watched a large white bird flying up the river - my guess is an egret.

So no errands accomplished, and my legs may not be as rested during tomorrow night's run... but what a great evening for a ride!

JMH