Thursday, April 24, 2008

Busy Weekends in May
Thursday, April 24, 2008

Right now it looks like I have two double-header weekends planned for May...

I was originally going to run the Thom Bugliosi 13/26k Trail Race out near Ithaca on Saturday, May 10... then Muddy Moose got postponed and left me with a dilemma. I briefly considered doing both, but a quick calculation of the amount of travel time that would entail (it's about a 6 hour round trip to the Thom B, and about an 8 hour round trip to Muddy Moose... in opposite directions) showed me that too insane even for me. So I made plans to run the Thom B and skip Muddy Moose yet again.

But last night I was looking over the race calendar, and it suddenly occurred to me that the Mt Tom Road to the Pogue 10k is practically on the way to Wolfeboro, NH. So that gives me my first doubleheader -

May 10 - Mt Tom Road to the Pogue 10k Trail Race in Woodstock, VT
May 11 - Muddy Moose 14mi Trail Race in Wolfeboro, NH

The following weekend is the other doubleheader. I've done the Rochester Spring Classic Duathlon for 3 years now, and I don't think I'm ready to skip it yet. But the next day is the Highland Forest 1-2-3 10/20/30mi Trail Race, in beautiful Highland Forest Park (where I stumbled and staggered through the snow at the Last Chance Trail Run last December.) And I need to get in some really long runs before Nipmuck. So that weekend I'm anticipating -

May 17 - Rochester Spring Classic F1 Duathlon (2/10/1/10/2mi) in Mendon, NY
May 18 - Highland Forest 1-2-3 20mi Trail Race in Fabius, NY

Maybe the following weekend... I'll rest!

JMH