Sunday, September 28, 2008

WHAT TO DO AFTER A DU -
A Short Walk at Mendon Ponds
Sunday, September 28, 2008

Despite the somewhat dreary weather, I didn't want to leave Mendon without getting a few pictures (the leaves are just starting to change, giving some very nice color contrasts in spots) so I headed over to Hopkins Point and walked a short ways down the trail around Hundred Acre Pond. All in all, a very pleasant way to end the morning there!

While I was walking I made a somewhat tentative decision to do the trail run there in November... probably the 10k or 20k, since I don't see myself being ready for such a hilly 50k by then. Attempting the Stone Cat Trail Marathon continues to be an intriguing prospect (both because of the distance and because I've never run it before) but I think Mendon is the better choice, both in terms of cost and my being prepared for the run and ultimately having a good time. (Actually, I just checked and the Stone Cat marathon is full... another reason why Mendon is a better choice!)

JMH