Thursday, October 16, 2008

A CHILLY OCTOBER EVENING & A SHORT RUN
5 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush
Thursday, October 16, 2008

After a day of rain, rain, and more rain, I expected tonight's run to be pretty wet... but then towards the end of the day the rain stopped and the clouds started to clear. It was a lot cooler than it has been for the last week or so... but really some very nice weather for a fall run.

There were a couple of places where I really wished I had my camera to get pictures of the leaves on the trees and covering the trails... very nice!

Ran the perimeter of the Madison Pinelands/Great Dune sections... and since I was working under a deadline (I needed to get to class) I pushed along at a decent pace once I got warmed up. Initially it was tough going, between the chill, being fairly tired, and two days of relative inactivity... but after half an hour or so it started to feel pretty good to be out running in the woods.

Hoping to squeeze in another short run tomorrow, and then Sunday is the next big event - the Ridgewalk & Run 14 miler, one of the tougher courses I've run. The weather's supposed to be good this weekend, so it should be a beautiful day to be enjoying the scenery of southwestern NY.

JMH