Saturday, October 18, 2008

PLANS CHANGE ONCE AGAIN...
Saturday, October 18, 2008

We spent a couple of hours at the Waldron's pig roast. Ate way too much good food, played with the dogs a bit, and checked out all the animals - horses, a cow, pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys. Then we headed back to Albany to pick up Ann's truck and make the drive out to Rochester.

On the way to the first rest stop, I had enough time to think about how tired I was and realized that I would probably end up blowing off the Ridgewalk & Run 14 miler tomorrow morning... so I proposed we head back to Albany (fortunately we'd only gone 20 miles) where I would do the Mohawk Towpath Scenic Byway duathlon instead, and then afterwards we could spend some time together before she would head back home. Ann was pretty tired herself and went for it... so back to Albany we went, where I pulled together the equipment and registration forms I'd need to do the du. I'm sorry I'll be missing the Ridgewalk - it's a beautiful course and the weather sounds like it will be great - but I won't miss all the driving.

JMH