Friday, November 14, 2008

7.3 Mile Run Along the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Friday, November 14, 2008


A patch of unseasonably warm weather moved in between storms (yesterday and tomorrow) so tonight was a great night for a run… warm (high 50’s) and breezy. The moon was almost full… and even with the clouds I had no trouble seeing the bike path without my headlamp.

I saw the silhouette of a heron at the end of the canoe launch, and as I was heading down the path something made a pretty loud splash in the river… almost sounded like a beaver going under. The only minus was all the activity at the airport… at least half a dozen planes came in for a landing while I was out there, low enough to make a heck of a racket.

If I wasn’t signed up for the Taconic Hills 15k on Sunday I would have stayed out longer… but after a week of no running it was probably just as well I kept this one on the short side. I’m going to miss weather like tonight over the next few months…

JMH