Tuesday, January 27, 2009

LONG DISTANCE 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I checked the WMAC site today and found the schedule for the 2009 Grand Tree trail race series posted. It's funny, there's still 6-8 weeks of snowshoe season left... but somehow around this time I always find myself starting to plan for the upcoming trail and road races. Maybe because I also need to start training for those races if I want to have any hope of doing them!

Both my training and racing was pretty disappointing until fall last year... I'm hoping to do better in 2009! In particular, I want to get ready to run the Finger Lakes 50k Trail Race in early July, which is going to mean a lot of hard work between now and then. Along the way, I'm aiming for the following distance challenges:
  • Northern Nipmuck 16mi trail race, 4-11-09
  • Muddy Moose 14mi trail race, hopefully mid-April 09
  • USAT Duathlon National Championships, 4-26-09
  • Medved Madness 15mi trail race, early May 09
  • Highland Forest 1-2-3 trail races, late May 09
  • Nipmuck Trail Marathon, 6-7-09
  • Greylock 13.5mi trail race, 6-21-09

And a few shorter races along the way too...

I'd better get to work!

JMH