Saturday, June 20, 2009

14.8 Mile Ride Along the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another grey, cloudy afternoon... but those can be some of the best times for a ride, since the threat of poor weather usually keeps the number of folks on the bike path down.

Lots of critters today, from the grackles and mockingbirds at the Niskayuna Lions Park parking lot to rabbits and cedar waxwings along the path, and a couple of herons out on the river. On my way back from the ride east, it started to rain lightly, and I found myself tempted to do another out-and-back to the base of the old Nisky landfill. But wiser thoughts (of the Greylock Half Marathon tomorrow, mostly!) prevailed and I stopped at the park. While I was there looking out at the river a wood duck and her ducklings paddled in toward shore, before heading off out of sight around the bend.

JMH