Saturday, June 27, 2009

Visiting the Lake Ontario Shoreline at Webster Park & Durand Eastman Park
Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ann and I grabbed some lunch at a small chinese restaurant in Penfield (one of the first places we went when we started dating) then set out for home... except I decided to take advantage of the nice day and took us over to Webster Park instead, where we walked along the waterfront and out onto the concrete pier with the Webster "lighthouse" at the end. Probably the highlight of our walk was a female mallard with a crew of ten very small ducklings, bobbing up and down in some very rough waters...

From there we headed over to Durand Eastman Park... no great surprise on a warm sunny summer day, the beach was very crowded, but I took off my shoes and we waded to a spot that no one else was using and spent a little while watching the waves roll in. I had orginally thought we'd head across the road and see if there were any swans or herons on the lakes, but in the end we decided not to deal with dodging the fairly heavy traffic (especially considering that I couldn't run) and finally headed for home and some dinner and rest.

JMH