Tuesday, July 28, 2009

16.2 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A fairly uneventful ride tonight on the bike path west of Schenectady... not much wildlife in evidence along the old Erie Canal, and the tracks at Scrafford Lane were blocked by a train so I would have had to risk riding a substantial distance along route 5S to get to the short section of path west of Rotterdam Junction.

I had a pleasant surprise when I rode from the end of the path at SCCC over to Gateway Landing Park... not only were there numerous geese and ducks in the small inlet next to the park, but there was a heron hunting in the shallows and three egrets up in a tree on the far shore. It was getting on the darker side by then, so it was tough to get decent pictures of them, but I did my best.

JMH