Wednesday, August 12, 2009

14.7 Mile Ride On the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A pleasant evening ride along the bike path west of Schenectady. My legs were definitely feeling the aftereffects of yesterday's 27 miler on the mountain bike... not a lot of get-up-and-go tonight. Spotted a wood duck and ducklings in the old canal, and a pair of beavers on the edge of the river down closer to SCCC... unfortunately by that point it was getting dark enough that it was tough to get a good look at them (or decent pictures.) On the way back to Lock 8 I also saw several bats flitting around - always good to see!

Tonight was a strong reminder that we've been losing 2-3 minutes of daylight every day... it was getting tough to see by 8:30. I should mount one of my lights on the bike if I'm going to keep riding later in the evening...

JMH