Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hit-and-Run... Living in the City Sucks
Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm a country person. Always have been, always will be. The only reasons I stay in my apartment in Albany are (1) it is a major pain to move, (2) the rent's cheap, compared to most of places I've checked, and (3) it's convenient to work. But overall I detest living in Albany. I know I've grumbled about the idiotic college kids and their loud drinking parties on more than one occasion. Last night gave me yet another reason to hate living around here, when someone hit my parked car and drove off... the @$$*&^%*!! couldn't even have the integrity to stick around and, as my kids would put it, "man up" to what he or she had done. Of course, that's no great surprise, since it was probably some scumbag who was drunk or high and/or driving illegally.

To be honest, I'm mainly aggravated because this is another thing now that I have to deal with (getting my car fixed) and it's going to cost money that I was saving for a trip next March with Ann. The good news is the car is still driveable and it's secure... but this is a pain in the backside I definitely didn't feel any need to deal with right now.

On the plus side, I am almost definitely not going to Ohio for the Bobcat Trail Marathon now... between travel and the room that trip would cost roughly 1/3 of my collision deductible, and the money will be better spent on the car at this point.

Sigh.

JMH