Friday, December 25, 2009

5.1 Mile Run at Onondaga Lake Park
Friday, December 25, 2009

And my Christmas gift to myself was - a run! Stopped at Onondaga Lake Park on the way out to Rochester and ran down the West Shore Trail. At the end of the paved path I continued on for a ways along a dirt/grass path (well, at least it was under the thin layer of snow) and then along a herd path into the woods and down to the edge of a stream flowing into the lake.

Lots of gulls and ducks in evidence... in fact, further down the lake were some very large flocks of ducks, though from the way they flew off I'm thinking they weren't thrilled to see me. On the way back I watched the gulls soaring on the winding and trying to land on chunks of ice floating out in the lake.

One of these days I'll have to do this run at night during the holiday season, so I can see the Lights on the Lake along the far shore!

JMH