Saturday, December 26, 2009

Time to Fess Up...
Saturday, December 26, 2009

I didn't get outside for 30 minutes today, unless you add up all the time I spent walking to and from the car and setting up a new bird feeder outside Ann's front window. And even then I doubt it would be 30 minutes.

Just after leaving Rochester I mentioned that I'd be going for a walk when we got to Albany and Ann's reaction was "How about you just run circles around the car for 5 minutes at each rest stop instead?" Of course, had I actually done so, it would have driven her nuts in very short order. Instead, I told her that if I ever got that OCD she had permission to whack me in the head with a blunt instrument.

So after we unloaded the car (in the rain) and I went back (in the rain) for a few items I'd forgotten in the trunk (in the rain) I pondered the thought that maybe going for a walk in the rain just to get outside for 30 minutes was more than a bit OCD in and of itself, or at least heading down a very slippery slope in that direction. And decided that perhaps I could cut myself a bit of slack and instead get outside for at least 30 minutes when the conditions are reasonable, no excuses. If nothing else, it made a lot of sense when faced with a half hour walk in the cold winter rain tonight, when I could be sitting warm indoors with Ann instead.

JMH