Tuesday, January 26, 2010

MY PLANS, THEY ARE A' CHANGING...
Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Just got word that the EMS Beaver Lake 5k Snowshoe Race has been postponed until Feb. 13... so that's now off my calendar (I'm also signed up to run Camp Saratoga that day, and I'd much rather run that... though Beaver Lake does have the distinction of being the only race where I've ever finished in the top 10. Of course, there were only ten of us running...) This no snow thing is the pits... even the course at this weekend's Sidehiller race up in NH looks like it's going to need to be modified due to poor conditions.

I'm also 99% certain I'm changing my plans for the first weekend of February... still planning to run Northfield on Saturday, but instead of returning to Albany and heading up to Saratoga on Sunday for the Winterfest 5k I'm now looking at spending the night somewhere in VT and then heading to the Northern Vermont Snowshoe Challenge at Smuggler's Notch on Sunday in hopes that the race field will be small enough that I'll actually qualify for Nationals in March. And even if it's not, I'll get to run a new course in an area I've never visited before, which will help make up for my disappointment at having to miss Saratoga to do it.

JMH