Friday, February 12, 2010

5.1 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush
Friday, February 12, 2010

Finally managed to get my backside out the door for a run... kept it short since I have the Camp Saratoga snowshoe race tomorrow (and I'm hoping to do a bit of running after the race as well.) It would have been much smarter for me to wear my screw shoes tonight - there were some very slick patches of ice out there, mostly under a thin layer of snow. Fortunately I only slipped and fell once, and I was walking at the time...

Once again I heard an owl while I was running, but this one sounded different than last time... I suspect it was a barred owl, both from the descriptions of their calls I've read and the recording on www.whatbird.com. That makes two fairly definite different owls and possibly a third that I've heard in there this winter... cool.

Tonight was a cold, clear night... chillier than I expected but oh the stars were glorious...

JMH