Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's... GODZILLA!
Thursday, March 18, 2010



When I was considerably younger I was fascinated by dinosaurs and monsters... so it was no great surprise when I became a big fan of Godzilla and other daikaiju (giant monster) films. No easy feat at the time, when the only Godzilla movie that consistently made it to television was King Kong vs. Godzilla and showings at movie theaters were few and far between. While I'm no longer quite as big a fan as I was back then (let's be honest, as movies go most of them are pretty bad!) I have managed to get most of the films on DVD, as well as a few other notable daikaiju like Gamera (a giant fire-breathing turtle! Way cool!) And a few reminders share space with me while I'm working.











Yes, I am an unabashed geek.

Which is probably why I am very amused by Godzilla Haiku, a site where SamuraiFrog posts haiku inspired by various Godzilla pictures (and ones submitted by readers, as well.)





Some are wistful, some are funny... but as a whole, they're wonderful, at least for an old daikaiju fan.

JMH