Sunday, April 25, 2010

2.2 Mile Walk at Black Creek Park
Sunday, April 25, 2010

Late in the morning Ann and I headed over to Black Creek Park for a short walk - I've wanted to show her the heron rookery there for a while now, and today seemed like a good time, before all the leaves come in. Of course, it helped that the rain had mostly stopped...



... for a bit, as it turned out. It was drizzling steadily by the time we reached the park. I'm glad I had a rain jacket in the car, though my pants were still pretty wet by the time we were done.





The trails are looking pretty nice as the plants and trees flower and leaf... wish I could have taken more pictures without my camera getting soaked. The swampy area around the bridge was covered in gorgeous yellow flowers... all in all it was a really scenic day (what can I say, rainy misty woods have always appealed to me, other than the getting cold and wet part.)





There were several herons in the nests high up in the rookery, and while we were watching two more flew in. It's good to see them back (and hopefully working on raising future generations of herons.)





JMH