Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Plans Change...
Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I was going to spend a couple days out in Rochester and run the wonderful Forge the Gorgeous trail race Thursday night... except for a variety of reasons I'm staying local this week. That's a bummer because I won't get to see my sweetheart until the middle of next week, but it should give me a little more time to decompress after the mad rush to the end of the school year. I'll just have to make a special effort to get to Fillmore Glen sometime later in the summer. Maybe I can even convince Ann to go with me...

So instead I'll be heading south tomorrow to hopefully check out some cool nature areas during the day and then run the Summer Solstice Trail Race at Lake Minnewaska State Park Preserve in the evening. Anyone who's read my self-centered ramblings for a while now will know the Minnewaska is one of my absolutely favorite places to go, so I'm looking forward to that... and also hoping for a run this year that doesn't leave me injured. Last year I somehow tore up my left knee running this race... now there's an unpleasant memory. So one of my goals for this year is to have a good time and let that bad memory fade into the background, behind all the good ones I have from Minnewaska.

JMH